Thursday, April 7, 2011

THE MAKING OF MINI BLACK IZANNAH WALKER INSPIRED DOLL

My idea was just to have lots of fun and explore the beauty of Izannah Walker dolls, in a small size, because my 2 year-old-boy is too much action now. I started designing the doll, and when I had to cut the patterns I decided I wanted to cut 3 just at once. Yes, I made 3 mini dolls, 3 1/2 inches tall approximately.
After finishing the sculpting of the second doll, soon realized that she was special, this particular doll was all painted, but something was not right, I started watching her close and I suddenly saw the features of my friend Tanya on her! I met Tanya last year at the Play Group, her son and mine are almost the same age, 7 months apart maybe. She is a black woman, very nice, stunning, very tall, very funny, clever, and makes everybody laugh at our reunions.
Then I realized she was on the wrong skin, I painted her darker and she looked perfect this time. Without really trying I just had made a black Izannah and loved her.

Mi idea era divertirme de lo lindo mientras exploraba la belleza de las munecas creadas por Izannah Walker, en tamano pequeno, porque mi hijo de dos anios apenas y me deja tiempo para otras cosas. Disene la muneca, y cuando corte los patrones decidi que iba a hacer 3 al mismo tiempo. Asi que las hice, y median mas o menos 9 cm. Despues de esculpir la segunda muneca me di cuenta de que era especial, esta muneca en particular ya estaba pintada, pero algo no estaba bien con ella. La observe un rato y me di cuenta que tenia las facciones de mi amiga Tanya! Conoci a Tanya el anio pasado en el grupo de juego, su hijo y el mio son casi de la misma edad, con 7 meses de diferencia tal vez. Tanya es de raza negra, my amable, guapa, muy alta, chistosa, y hace reir a todo mundo en nuestras reuniones.
Ahi fue cuando me di cuenta que estaba en la piel equivocada, la pinte mas oscura y esta vez se vio perfecta. Sin realmente tratar, acababa de hacer una Izannah de raza negra y me gusto bastante.

I made her clothes, and sew them on place one by one, permanently, due to her small size is impossible to try to make them removable. 
Hice su ropa, y la cosi una por una en su lugar de manera permanente, debido a su pequeno tamano era imposible hacer que la ropa se pudiera quitar o poner.



She looked like this before I shipped her to Philadelphia, where she will have her home from now on. She is your girl now Sue! Von Voyage Izannah!

Asi se veia antes de que la enviara a Filadelfia, donde va a ser su hogar de ahora de adelante. Es tu nina ahora Sue! Bien viaje Izannah!

No comments:

Post a Comment